I’m looking for collaborations rooted in:
- not just trying to make a buck
- genuine interest in the stories of the people whose lives are affected by the products and/or services
- excitement about responsibly working with evolving tech.
That all still stands, but I wanted to expand on those points. This isn’t a holier-than-thou preaching. I’m sure I’ll muck up somewhere along the way and have in the past, and I have many holes in my limited knowledge – but here’s to learning from past experiences, new information, and doing better.
It’s a fit (GREEN)
I have a particular interest in working on projects that benefit:
- Mental health resources
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Two-Spirit (LGBTQ2S+) community
- Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)
- The mitigation of climate change issues.
In general, I try to work on projects that:
- Raise awareness of important environmental, social and ethical issues
- Create and maintain a fair and well-functioning society.
I also aim to work on projects where the client organization:
- Promotes fairness and equity in the workplace
- Has strong, well-documented social and environmental policies.
It’s not a fit (RED)
I will not undertake projects that directly promote any of the following:
- Arms, ammunition and conflict
- Discrimination or extremism
- Fossil fuels
- Unhealthy products aimed at children.
I will also not undertake projects where the client organization:
- Has a proven record of organizing against positive change
- Has a proven record of environmental or human rights abuses.
Maybe it’s a fit? (GREY)
I accept that there are nuances in many cases. If there are grey areas and questions to process, let’s have a conversation.